To promote a society free of crime and injustice .
To protect lives, properties and honour of the people; maintain public order and enforce the laws of the land to the best of ability and without any discrimination, through modern, proactive policing and community participation.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police strives to uphold the following values promoting professionalism and trust:
DUTIES OF POLICE
- ✔ It shall be the duties of every police officer to:
- ✔ Protect life, property, honour and liberty of citizens;
- ✔ Investigate, detect and bring offenders to justice;
- ✔ Maintain public order and security;
- ✔ Preserve and promote public peace;
- ✔ Counter militancy and terrorism;
- ✔ Ensure that the rights and privileges, under the law, of a person taken in custody;
- ✔ Prevent the commission of offences and public nuisance;
- ✔ Collect and communicate intelligence affecting public peace and crime in general;
- Keep order and prevent obstruction on public roads, public streets, thoroughfares and all other places of public places and in the neighborhood of and at the vulnerable and sensitive places including places of public worship;
- ✔ Regulate and control traffic on public roads and streets;
- ✔ Take charge of all unclaimed property and to prepare its inventory;
- ✔ Provide information in the prescribed manner regarding unclaimed property, to prevent the abuse of such property;
- ✔ Apprehend all persons whom he is legally authorized to apprehend and for whose apprehension, sufficient grounds exist;
- ✔ Ensure that the information about the arrest of a person is promptly communicated to a person of his choice;
- ✔ Enter and inspect without a warrant on reliable information any public place, shop or gaming-house where alcoholic drinks or narcotics are sold or weapons are illegally stored and other public places of loose and disorderly characters;
- ✔ Obey and promptly execute all lawful orders;;
- ✔ Perform other duties and exercise powers as are conferred by this Act, the Code or any other law for the time being in force;
- ✔ Aid and co-operate with other agencies for the prevention of destruction of public property by violence, fire, or natural calamities;
- ✔ Assist in preventing members of public from exploitation by any person or organized groups;
- ✔ Take charge of lunatics at large to prevent them from causing harm to themselves or other members of the public and their property;
- ✔ Prevent harassment of women and children in public places;
- ✔ Take action against vagrants for security purposes and to confiscate anything found from them in favour of Government; and
- ✔ Create public awareness regarding their lawful rights and duties and educate the public regarding their safety and security.
- Police officer shall make every effort to:
- ✔ Afford relief to people in distress situations, particularly in respect of women and children;
- ✔ Provide assistance to victims of road accidents;
- ✔ Assist accident victims or their heirs or their dependents, where applicable, with such information and documents as would facilitate their compensation claims;
- ✔ Cause awareness amongst public regarding traffic laws and inform the victims of road accidents of their rights and privileges.
- ✔ It shall be the duty of a police officer to lay information before a competent court and to apply for a summons, warrant, search warrant or such other legal process as may, by law, be issued against any person suspected of committing an offence.
- ✔ Every police officer while on police duty shall have all the powers and privileges of a police officer, under any law for the time being in force and be liable to serve at any time in any branch, division, bureau and section.